|2005 November Press Conference|
|The AVON Catalog|
In October 2005 after a chance encounter with the General Manager of AVON of Puerto Rico with my friend Ileana I began to run swim and bike for the Crusade against Breast Cancer. I would do this for 5 years and in that time raise over $93,000 for the American Cancer Society of Puerto Rico with donations from AVON of Puerto Rico for every mile I finished in competition.
|All about the Crusade against Breast Cancer|
|Jose Quinones General Manager of AVON PR>|
|One of the many checks I was able to present the American Cancer Society|
|On top of the World at the Mauna Kea Hawaii|
|The press conference in San Juan Puerto Rico.|
|Taking 3rd place in a triple Iron race in Austria|
Today is World Cancer Day February 4th 2014. Today was for remembering the friends and family we have lost to Cancer, but also hoping for a cure some time soon for this awful disease.
I would like to share a few facts as to why I supported this cause:
- More than 240,000 women, and 1,000 men, will be diagnosed with breast cancer in the U.S. in 2010.
- More than 40,000 women and 400 men die each year from the disease.
- There are more than 2 million breast cancer survivors in the United States.
- One person is diagnosed approximately every 3 minutes, and one person dies of breast cancer approximately every 14 minutes.
- People over the age of 50 accounts for 76% of breast cancer cases; while only 5% of breast cancer diagnoses are in people under the age of 40 and 18% are in their 40s.
- 5 years and 11 months wearing Pink and raising awareness of Breast Cancer through my sports of swimming, cycling and running.
- In total I have swam, cycled and ran a total of 13315.714 miles since Nov.2005
total I have raised the grand sum of $93,210.00 for AVON of Puerto Rico
for mammograms for the women of Puerto Rico, the money was given to the
American Cancer Society of Puerto Rico by AVON of Puerto Rico.
- Being able to represent AVON a company for women
- When the new Cancer Facility opens in San Juan Puerto Rico one of the rooms will be named after me for all the miles I have competed in for the AVON cause
- Meeting women with Breast Cancer or friends and families of those affected by Breast Cancer and hoping and knowing I am making a difference in the lives of many people all over the World.
- Wearing PINK PINK PINK