Sunday, April 1, 2012

Running in memory of Micah True

Yesterday the man known at Caballo Blanco or better known as Micah True was found dead in his running shoes after he had been missing for 4 days after going on a 12 mile trail run in New Mexicos Gila Wilderness.
after only a mile we saw this white horse on a garden gate!

Today I was disgruntled as due to weather conditions had canceled a beach dive and was unable to shoot tin cans with a rifle at the desert due to high winds....

But despite weather running is something I can do does not matter if it is raining, snowing hot or cold I just dress appropriately put the right Brooks shoes on for the surface to be ran on and I am free ....So in memory of Micah True Hammer and I ran Happy for 17 miles mostly on trails.
Hammer and I before the 17 mile adventure
 I decided True would run happy and today Hammer and I would enjoy all the colors of Spring and try a few new routes too.
At the top of one of the steepest hills I have ever ran up!
It was a beautiful Californian Day, a little windy and so far I was having fun with Hammer who stopped at every fire hydrant to sniff!! He also chased a lot of squirrels so we were able to get some quality speed work in also!!
Hammer happy on the grass

colors of Spring



 Running is about putting one foot in front of the other sometimes runners get caught up in their training and racing, but today Hammer and I wanted to see everything, admire the scenery and just feel great!

We were running SO HAPPY a total stranger stopped and gave us a beautiful scented Rose!!




Before long we were on familiar trails at Bonelli Park.
After the down pour of rain yesterday the trails were a little muddy but still runnable, I thought about the White Horse he would have run on the trails no matter what so with that we set off every few feet I would have to stop to take off the clumps of mud attaching to my cascadias making me 6 ft tall!!!



 Really enjoyed this 17 mile run, it was not about how fast we were or anything like that but enjoying nature.


WHen Hammer gets thirsty he always loves a cold drink from the fuel belt



 There are lots of pretty colors and cool streams to cross but also there was Poison Oak so we had to be careful not to touch it!

 As we were leaving the trail and back onto the final 4 miles of pavement we looked up and saw Cabello Blanco.......it was a sign and we stopped I wish I had had a cerveza to drink to that fine horse, as I knew some where some how Micah True was running along side us just as he will be to all Ultra Trail runners he will be forever happy running the trails and looking over all runners.


RIP Micah True you will be missed.




Recovery drink Citrus flavor my body really needed it, Hammer settled for a doggy bone!

 Live to run and run to live, whether you run a mile or run ultras be happy you can! Micah True knew how to live his life, he loved to run!
 True was the race director of The Copper Canyon Ultra Marathon, a 50-plus mile extreme race that took place in Urique, Mexico on March 4 and has been featured in the magazines Running Times and Outside. He is the central character --- known as "Caballo Blanco" --- in the New York Times best-selling non-fiction book "Born to Run," by Christopher McDougall that chronicles True's time in Copper Canyon with the Tarahumara Indians, an isolated tribe known for their long, grueling runs.
RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment