Monday, January 12, 2015

Are you getting rest?

January so far has been fairly exciting, although today I had a melt down...not sure how to explain this other than when your alarm goes off at 4:15am and you are on 4 hours of sleep you should really roll over and go back to sleep...but I actually felt guilty as I was not sick, and thought to get the workout done and then the rest of the day would flow nicely...wrong.
Taking time to enjoy a day at Anacapa Island!

Stress and rest and somewhat different but when you put too much stress be in physical or mental and not enough rest it is a recipe for disaster. I need to get quality sleep ...I can function on a few nights of lost sleep but when you add other factors I become some what ....mmm down? I get emotional and irrational add to being Obsessive Compulsive and my whole world explodes!

So to be a good athlete is not about how much you train, how many miles you put in etc there is also how to balance family and other commitments, jobs etc... eating healthy and quality rest.

I should have Listened to my body better...My resting heart rate according to my Polar V800 monitor was elevated I just needed a few days to play catch up on letting my body and soul catch up and harmonize together. #listenstoyourbody

Life is awesome and I live by the creed day by day... I am grateful for my health, grateful for my husband and my family, grateful for friends and coaches and my four legged buddy Hammer, my awesome running min pin.

So I am at the moment relaxing my mind, drinking more water and vowing to get a few more hours of shut eye... there are plenty of exciting paths to travel in 2015.... I need my health and sanity!

Life is rich and rewarding...
relaxing with my Min Pin Hammer.


No comments:

Post a Comment